Call Centre WorkWise
Call centre workers in the finance sector are getting organised and work wise.
The FSU is working to build Union membership and strength in finance sector call centre's and promote safe and people friendly work environments.
FSU members have identified problems which are consistently the key issues for call centre workers. These include:
- Breaks, inadequate and ill-timed
- Hours and shifts, no say in hours or shifts, erratic shift times
- Pay and recognition of product complexity and skills acquired
- Training, inadequate training on products and handling 'difficult' calls
- Targets unrealistic, unachievable Performance Objectives and sales targets
- Promotion, lack of career paths or recognition of acquired skills
- Stress, need for greater measures to minimise risk
- Monotonous or overally mechanistic work
- Environment (lack of hygiene in some sites; poor air quality)
Use the resources on this page to promote best practice standards and build a stronger voice for employees in your workplace.
Read more in the WorkWise CSC Newsletter