The fight for fair targets at CBA
The fight for fair targets at CBA is growing, with another major retail area joining the campaign at the same time as the bank has started slashing part time hours of work. FSU members at CBA branches in the Sydney CBD have just joined the dispute, delivering almost 100 more letters to bank management seeking suspension of targets until new targets are agreed. These letters bring the total number of dispute letters lodged to over 600.
Despite the growing number of calls to agree on fair targets, the bank is keeping the pressure on staff. In recent developments:
38 CBA branches across the country have had their operating hours reduced, and the workers at those branches told their hours of work will be reduced with NO REDUCTION IN TARGETS
New workplace planning tools rolling out now have prompted some branch managers to use the new tool as an opportunity to slash working hours for part time employees with NO REDUCTION IN TARGETS
Members completing the FSU Member Experience Questionnaire have reported the effects of persistent, unrelenting targets pressure, including genuine negative impacts on health and wellbeing
Is this happening to you? You are not alone.
Are you under pressure at work due to targets or cuts to hours? Are you a fulltime employee working at one of the 38 branches that will reduce operating hours, being told you MUST convert to part time? If you are a union member, the FSU can assist you. If you want to join the campaign for fair treatment at work, become a union member today.
What can you do?
- Share your story about targets pressure and/or cuts to hours, and the impact this has on you. Post your comment on the FSU Online forum. You can post messages of support here too.
- Complete the FSU Member Experience Questionnaire online
- Get involved by joining the targets dispute. Contact the FSU on 1300 366 378 for advice on how to join the dispute, or speak to the FSU Rep in your workplace.
- Support each other at work.
- Stay strong. CBA managers may try to talk you out of joining this dispute, without adjusting your targets. If you believe your targets are not fair, that the process for setting targets is not transparent, and if the stress of cuts to hours or target pressure is affecting your health and wellbeing then you need this campaign to succeed. FSU success elsewhere (including in Westpac earlier this year) says that if we stick together, we can win.
Phone: 1300 366 378
Changes to hours of work – Part Time employees know your rights! (PDF)
CBA FSU members WIN on targets!
20th January 2012
CBA Targets Dispute Update: Delegation of members met with bank
11th January, 2012
From Bankstown to Ballina to Booval - Targets dispute widens
15th December, 2011
CBA: Targets Dispute Momentum Grows
22nd November, 2011
CBA: Campaign Grows as Members Squeezed by Targets
24th October 2011
Members target CBA over targets
17th October 2011
Bank staff’s wrist protest
The Sunday Telegraph, 13th November
Banks are handing out bonuses to staff who upsize your debt
The Sunday Telegraph, 16th October 2011