Westpac have announced plans to cut branch operating hours at 26 locations across their retail network, see full list below. The proposal, if successful will see a total of 295.5 hours cut from the 26 locations.
It is hard to reconcile this latest announcement from Westpac with their vision “to be one of the world’s great service companies”, in an environment already characterised by reports of understaffing.
Westpac branches impacted by proposal to cut operating hours are:
|NSW||QLD||South Australia||Tasmania||Western Australia||Victoria|
|Currie – King Island
Are you Impacted? – What you need to Know
The Westpac Group Enterprise Agreement 2019 sets out your rights including the process Westpac must follow to consult with you regarding major workplace changes. The agreement provisions include:
- Providing you with information about the proposed change;
- Genuine consultation periods, including dedicated periods to consider members feedback about proposed changes;
During the consultation period make sure you speak up about any concerns you and your colleagues may have, including any impact in relation to your family and caring responsibilities. Westpac is obliged to consider your feedback and provide responses before a final decision is made.
Need more information – Get all your questions answered
If you are impacted, make sure you get all the facts and answers to your questions. You can:
- Speak to your FSU Workplace Rep or Organiser
- Join the FSU online today at www.fsunion.org.au
- Arrange to hold a workplace meeting to discuss the impact on you and your colleagues
Contact our Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 to get further information and advice.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378