A quick update on the UniSuper’s proposal to amend your contracts of employment.
While we were pleased to see that UniSuper has proposed to improve some of the conditions in the new contract, there are still many serious issues.
In particular, we are concerned about these clauses:
- 1.9 Policy and Procedure;
- 1.12 Background Screening;
- 3.5 Authorised Deductions;
- 5 Leave;
- 9 Media Contact;
- 11 Restraint;
- 12 Acknowledgement;
- 17 Suspension; and
- 18.3 Redundancy.
We are meeting with Julie Watkins on Wednesday morning to discuss these issues, and will be back In touch after that.
In the meantime, it is important that you:
- Reply to this email with any concerns about the proposed contract, or the process;
- Forward this email to your colleagues and let them know that we are working together to make these contracts better;
- Join our Union community if you are not yet a member at www.fsunion.org.au/join
Our Member Rights Centre is available to provide expert industrial advice and support to anyone who is offered a new contract. Call 1300 366 378, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your FSU Team