As trade union members we are united by a set of common values and interests. We believe in fairness, respect, equality, and helping each other out when times are tough. We believe that an effective and stimulating workplace is one where we have a say in what is going on. We believe in the inherent dignity that secure paid work brings to us and our families as we strive for better standards of living. Being a trade union member is about helping to build a better life for you and your family, your colleagues, and your community.
As workers in the finance sector we provide an essential service that matters to each and every Australian. We are committed to building a prosperous and ethical banking and financial services industry that does the right thing by the community, and the right thing by those who work in it. We also acknowledge that there is a fundamental power imbalance between us as workers and our employers — and that we must change the rules to win some power back.
FSU Purpose, Vision & Values Statement
FSU exists to build better lives for finance sector workers and to build a more responsible, professional and community-focused finance industry.
FSU stands for secure pay, secure jobs, healthy and safe workplaces and a responsible and sustainable finance industry. To win, the Union must engage finance workers in every activity that it undertakes.
An organised workplace is member-driven, not organiser-driven, and makes a positive impact on the culture of the workplace.
For almost 100 years, FSU members have been united by these core values:
- Fairness, equality and opportunity in our industry
- All workers must receive their fair share of company profits
- Providing a professional and socially responsible service to our community
- All workers must be treated equally with dignity and respect
- Balance between work and family commitments
- Secure employment and protection from unfair treatment
- Healthy and safe workplaces that are free of stress, harassment, intimidation, violence and
- Peace, justice and human rights for all people, wherever they live
- Working together, in unity with each other and the community, is the way to achieve a better life for ourselves, our loved ones and all people.