Operating nationally, the Finance Sector Union of Australia has established a strong reputation for successfully representing the interests of its members in an environment of constant change. The working environment is engaging with a constant agenda of interesting issues. The Union has offices in every capital city with its financial headquarters located in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Manager Finance & Administration, the Accountant will play an integral role across the entirety of the Union’s financial requirements.
- Reconciliation of membership fee income
- Maintenance of the general ledger
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial accounts
- Preparation of Quarterly Business Activity Statements
- Preparation of Fringe Benefit Tax Return
- Preparation of schedules and spreadsheets for the annual external audit.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Assist in the budget preparation process
- Internal audit of payroll
- Responsible for the application of procedures to assure that the financial transactions are entered, balanced, reconciled and reported in compliance with AAS.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or a related discipline
- CPA/CA qualifications
- Strong technical financial accounting knowledge
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to details and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role
- Knowledge of ACCPAC (accounting software) and Meridian (payroll software) is preferred.
Salary is $86,081 with 1 RDO per month. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For a copy of position description or further information, please contact Hedy Sapin on 03 9261 5362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward your resume with covering letter addressing the selection criteria no later than 5pm Wednesday, 26 February 2020 to:
Finance and Administration Manager
Finance Sector Union of Australia
GPO Box 9893, Melbourne VIC 3001