Today Bankwest announced that they will be closing 29 branches across NSW, Queensland and Victoria.
Bankwest will instead focus on digital services, broker relationships and the remaining 14 branches on the east coast.
Consultation with impacted colleagues will finish on 25 July, and the first store will close on 17 August. It is anticipated that 216 roles will become redundant through this process.
- Has Bankwest provided you with all the information you need?
- How will this decision impact you and your family?
- Will this make things easier or more difficult for customers?
- Have you got enough time to provide feedback during the consultation period?
The FSU wants to hear from you about this change. If you work in one of the impacted branches email your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my rights?
If you are impacted by this announcement, FSU members can access our Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 who can assist by:
- Providing you advice on your entitlements
- Discussing with you your rights around redeployment and offers of alternative employment at CBA or Bankwest
- Checking any calculations provided to you by Bankwest to make sure they are correct
- Ensuring you are treated appropriately through this process.
It is important that you check your rights and entitlements before signing any documents during this time.
Are you impacted?
The impacted Bankwest branches are:
Do you work in one of the remaining 14 east coast branches?
How do you think this change will impact you?
Do you think there will be an increase in customer traffic?
Are you concerned your store might be next?
The FSU would like to hear from you — please email us at email@example.com
Authorised By: Julia Angrisano, National Secretary