Last year, we achieved a significant victory when the majority of NAB colleagues joined together to insist on fair pay increases and working conditions in our Enterprise Agreement (EA). We did this by resoundingly rejecting NAB’s substandard and insulting offer.
Because of this victory, and the continued pressure from union members to push for a better deal at the negotiating table, NAB has now significantly improved their offer.
Union members from across the country met this week to consider the latest improvements secured by our FSU Bargaining team. Members overwhelmingly supported the package, with 84% officially supporting the offer.
Our bargaining has accomplished a historic and fundamental change to pay at NAB, which members have been campaigning for over the last decade.
- Fixing the flawed market-based pay system that has consistently eroded the standard of living of members,
- Providing a guaranteed pay increase for over 80% of NAB colleagues, for the first time in over a decade, and
- Transparency and certainty of annual salary review budgets and a right of dispute for those over the high-income threshold.
We’ve also secured:
- Greater control of the hours we work,
- More capacity to raise staffing and workload issues,
- More leave benefits that reflect the diverse NAB workforce,
- A genuine voice during change now and into the future, and
- Flexibility and choice over where and when we do our work.
Read about all the improvements union members have won here.
We expect that an all staff ballot will be held towards the start of August – where you and your colleagues will vote to accept or reject this offer.
We’ll provide further details and a full copy of the proposed EA when this is confirmed. The FSU will be holding further information sessions to answer any outstanding questions about the new EA and the ballot process, so keep an eye out for further details.
What can you do?
This fantastic result shows that when we stand together with our colleagues, we build better workplaces.
Winning a better deal in your Enterprise Agreement is just the start – much more can be achieved at NAB with strong, active union members. So today is the best time to join if you’re not already a member, or ask a colleague to join!
Questions and feedback
If you have further questions, please reach out to your union rep, your Organiser, or email email@example.com and our team will be in touch.
Your FSU Bargaining Team