Following further negotiations, Bupa management propose to circulate a proposed new enterprise agreement to staff today for a vote closing on Monday 5 March.
The headline feature of the new three year agreement is a 2.5% pay increase from January 2018 (backdated), 2.8% from January 2019 and 3% from January 2020.
The FSU is pleased to note some other improvements in response to our log of claims including:
- reference to long term leave and unexpected emergencies to be added to other factors taken into account during remuneration reviews
- personal leave now to include leave for prevention or screening for a medical condition
- specific requirement spelt out in agreement for local management to ensure adequate coverage in small retail outlets for short term absences
- no change to current provisions for Sunday work
However, we were unable to reach agreement on two other parts of our claim, namely:
- two paid ten minute breaks per day
- increased family violence leave from five days a year to ten
We also opposed their proposal to effectively reduce pay in lieu of notice for retrenchments from eight weeks to four.
For further information call the FSU Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378.
Authorised By: Wendy Streets, Local Executive Secretary QLD