FSU members and Bupa workers for the first time will be entitled to a guaranteed annual wage increase under the proposed new Enterprise Agreement negotiated with the company.
The FSU and Bupa have reached an ‘in principle’ agreement with the following as some of the highlights:
- The removal of performance pay system and the introduction of a guaranteed across the board annual wage increase for the duration of the new agreement.
- A wage increase offer of 2.0%, 2.25% and 2.25% for years 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
- The introduction of an afternoon shift which will attract a 17.5% loading for the entire shift.
- The introduction of one week of Foster Carer leave per year.
- The introduction of an additional two weeks’ pay to be paid into superannuation for employees taking paid primary carer parental leave.
- Maintenance of the annual Wellbeing Day, including improved access for those in their first 6 months of employment.
- Increasing the entitlement to Family and Domestic Violence Leave from 5 days to 20 days.
- Confirming Bupa’s commitment to learning and development opportunities for our people (and that this cost will be paid by Bupa).
- Ensuring payment of higher duties when an employee is performing high duties, even as part of a development opportunity.
Next Step – BALLOT OPENS TODAY
The proposed new agreement is now being put to a ballot of all employees covered under the agreement. You have until 4pm tomorrow, Friday 18 December to cast your vote. You will have received a voting link by now.
The FSU is recommending voting in favour of the agreement.
If the majority of employees participating in the ballot vote are in favour, Bupa will then lodge the agreement with the Fair Work Commission for approval. Once approved, all employees covered by the agreement will receive a 2% pay increase backdated to 1 January 2021.
Feel free to share this update with your work colleagues.
Not a member? Join us today!