Thank you all for taking the time to give you feedback on what’s most important to you for our enterprise agreement at Cbus.
While we’ve taken management through the principles that underpin each proposed claim at our first meeting, our approach to those claims, and any others that you want included, are absolutely up to you!
As well as working on our proposed claims together, we’ve now received management’s proposal.
Cbus’ claims include wanting to:
- Phase out RDOs for future employees;
- Cut the investment area out of the EBA altogether;
- Make no changes to the consultation clause when some of our key issues over that last year have arisen from poor consultation allowed under the current clause; and
- Make changes to the dispute resolution clause, termination procedures and redundancy provisions.
The management log makes multiple mentions of wanting to have conditions aligned with the finance industry and superannuation sector. We know from our EA survey in 2020 and discussions with members this year that the possibility of Cbus conforming more to the rest of the finance sector both in terms of conditions and culture is a key concern for members. Hopefully this is not the intention that underpins some of their more broadly worded claims, but if it is, we know that it is critical to resist this.
Management’s proposals are just that at this stage. Proposals for negotiation.
Forward this email to a non-member today, we need them to join our union and strengthen our position across the table today.
Wednesday, 22 September at 12:30pm (AEST) we’re holding a member meeting to:
- Discuss management’s log of claims.
- Discuss our log of claims in more depth.
- Report back on and discuss some other matters that are ongoing at Cbus at the moment.
Your FSU Reps
Bill Rue, Caroline Troup, Fiona Peck, Ian Wilson, Jennifer Glass