We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications and Marketing Manager to join the Finance Sector Union to help grow the union and transform the FSU brand.
The FSU is a member-driven organisation representing workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers.
At the FSU, we work hard to improve the lives of finance sector workers every day. We believe in fairness, respect, equality, and helping each other out when times are tough. We believe in the inherent dignity that secure paid work brings to workers and their families as we strive for better living standards. Our Union history is full of everyday Australians achieving extraordinary outcomes.
Reporting to the National Management Committee, the Marketing and Communications Manager will develop and oversee the marketing and communications strategy. You will lead a team of dedicated communications professionals in a fast-paced environment. Your role will direct the workflow of the communication team, allocate resources to maximise collaboration, and encourage creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent branding across marketing and public relations channels.
You will be responsible for staying up to date on industry trends and will strive for the FSU to be leading in the Communications space.
You will be comfortable working in an agile environment to deliver projects, support campaigns and develop best-practice communication. The marketing management side of the job involves the development and refinement of marketing plans, pricing strategies, promotional activities and branding in consultation with staff, members and prospects. In addition, you will be an expert in gathering and applying market analysis and research to identify trends and opportunities.
If you are passionate about making the world a better place through the power of marketing and communications, then this might be the role for you.
- Be a leader in digital and communications technology and be able to leverage technology to develop new ways of engaging with finance workers through multi-channel campaigns;
- Develop and implement creative marketing and communications campaigns and strategies across all platforms and monitor their success;
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign’s level of success;
- Manage a small team of staff in the communications space
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the Union’s brand, including white papers, website copy, and more;
- Working with management on launching new member propositions as a result of value proposition development and customer segments;
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national level;
- Strong writing and editorial skills to produce consistent and accurate copy;
- Manage and drive lead-generating marketing activities for field and digital campaigning;
- Determine and monitor the marketing budget of each Union campaign;
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation-written and spoken;
- Leverage marketing automation tools for campaign awareness and lead generation;
- Develop and execute new digital marketing campaigns to deliver on the Union’s retention, engagement and growth targets;
- Establish and support a data-driven approach with the CRM team to produce an effective personalised experience for prospects and members;
- Commissioning or conducting market research.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences – you will likely be able to bring 2 or 3 of the following:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or industry experience in communications, marketing and project management;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and mentoring team members;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in the marketing collateral and other types of print, electronic, and social media, as well as proven capacity in PR and media relations;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands;
- A commitment to social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- Experience working for a trade union or similar not for profit organisation
- Knowledge and experience of using iMIS, Yabbr, Call Hub, Higher Logic.
The union offers an attractive salary commensurate with skills and experience ranging from $114,000 to $120,000. FSU also offers excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. The Communications & Marketing Manager role can be based in any of these locations.
Mel Brown, Senior Administrator
Closing date: 5:00pm on Friday, 26 August 2022