We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications & Marketing Manager who will revolutionise the FSU brand and how we communicate, motivated by the interests of FSU members.
The FSU is a member driven organisation that represents workers in the finance industry. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Our members fight for and deliver improved working conditions in an evolving industry.
Operating nationally, the FSU has established a strong reputation for successfully representing the interests of its members in an environment of constant change. The working environment is engaging with a constant agenda of interesting issues. The Union has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. The Communications & Marketing Manager role can be based in any of these locations.
Reporting to the National Management Committee, the Marketing and Communications Manager must supervise and direct the workflow of the communication team by assigning job tasks, facilitating internal communications and managing external communications. Their expertise allows them to allocate resources to maximise collaboration, efficiency and creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent branding across marketing and public relations channels. They’re also responsible for staying up to date on industry trends.
The role will lead a team in an agile environment to deliver projects, support campaigns and develop best-practice communication.
The marketing management side of the job involves the development and refinement of marketing plans, pricing strategies, promotional activities and branding in consultation with staff, members and prospects. Directing market analysis and research to identify trends and opportunities is another marketing job duty.
The communication side of the job is the development and execution of the public’s or finance worker’s perception of the union’s products and brand. Directing the creation of internal communications, press releases and speeches given by executives, as well as Web or social media presence are other responsibilities.
The FSU needs to be leading in the Communications space. This will be a highly specialised, expert role for a communications and marketing professional to revolutionise communications for the FSU.
- Be a leader in digital and communications technology and be able to leverage technology to develop new ways of engaging with finance workers through multi-channel campaigns;
- Develop and implement creative marketing and communications campaigns and strategies across all platforms and monitor their success;
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign’s level of success;
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the Union’s brand, including white papers, website copy, and more;
- Working with management on launching new member propositions as a result of value proposition development and customer segments;
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national level;
- Strong writing and editorial skills to produce consistent and accurate copy;
- Manage and drive lead-generating marketing activities for field and digital campaigning;
- Determine and monitor the marketing budget of each Union campaign;
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation-written and spoken;
- Leverage marketing automation tools for campaign awareness and lead generation;
- Develop and execute new digital marketing campaigns to deliver on the Union’s retention, engagement and growth targets;
- Establish and support a data-driven approach with the CRM team to produce an effective personalised experience for prospects and members;
- Commissioning or conducting market research.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or industry experience in communications, marketing and project management;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and mentoring team members;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in the marketing collateral and other types of print, electronic, and social media, as well as proven capacity in PR and media relations;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands;
- A commitment to social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- Experience working for a trade union or similar not for profit organisation
- Knowledge and experience of using iMIS, Yabbr, Call Hub, Higher Logic.
The union offers an attractive salary commensurate with skills and experience. FSU also offers excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
Mel Brown, Senior Administrator
Closing date: 5:00pm on Friday, 6 November 2020