The Finance Sector Union is people across the finance sector coming together to improve our lives. From bank tellers, to technology professionals in superannuation funds, we are a diverse union fighting to make a better finance sector, and a better society.
Organising is at the core of everything we do. The finance sector is evolving and our organising needs to keep ahead of how our members and potential members want to engage in their Union.
Working within campaign teams, the Digital Campaigner will use cutting edge organising methods to build worker power within the finance sector.
Who You Are
- Someone who is an organiser in their soul, someone who knows what it means to work with members to build power;
- You love technology and are always looking for new tools, technology and methods to organise;
- You are passionate about social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering digital organising strategies to build member power though our campaigns;
- You will have an integral role in using digital strategies to bring more members into our Union, increase the engagement of our members, identify and develop leaders within our Union community;
- This role will involve promoting digital campaigning methods within the FSU. You will stay on top of best practice technology and techniques and implement them in our campaigns.
- You need to be a great communicator who challenges themselves to find the most effective ways to communicate with members – you’ll be able to write communications, produce videos, hold member meetings;
- You’ll be a resilient problem solver – our work is unpredictable, there can be big barriers, but you will need to use all of our available tools to work for great outcomes for members and never give up;
- You will have organising at the core of everything we do – every member interaction, every case, is a chance to build power for our members. You be a core part of building an organising culture within our Campaigning team.
Salary Range and Location
The salary for this role will depend on experience. We would encourage people with salary expectation around $75,000 to apply.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We welcome applications from people in any location (even outside these cities).
The FSU offers a flexible working environment, we are open to full-time, part-time and outside of business hours working arrangements, we are also open to working from home arrangements.
If you’re interested in this role, please feel free to reach out for a discussion. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
If you’re ready to submit your application now, please send through:
- A copy of your resume; and
- A statement of no more than 400 words covering:
- Why you’re interested in this role;
- What makes you the best candidate; and
- The role digital campaigning plays in building power for finance workers.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5.00pm 1 April 2022