We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Campaigning Officer.
The FSU is a member driven organisation that represents workers in the finance industry. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Our members fight for and deliver improved working conditions in an evolving industry.
Operating nationally, the FSU has established a strong reputation for successfully representing the interests of its members in an environment of constant change. The working environment is engaging with a constant agenda of interesting issues. The Union has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. The DCO role can be based in any of these locations.
Reporting to the National Management Committee, the DCO will be an experienced and innovative professional with considerable knowledge and experience in the development and delivery of digital campaigns. The DCO role will be part of the FSU revolution on how we organise in our sector. Working within campaign teams, the DCO will use cutting edge organising methods to build worker power within the finance sector.
The DCO role is best suited for a person who is an organiser at heart and loves to work with FSU Members to build their power. Along with being a digital guru, a DCO loves technology and are always looking for new tools, technology and methods to organise and connect with our members.
- Work as part of a campaign team who will organise to build worker power;
- Responsible for developing and delivering digital organising strategies to build member power through our campaigns;
- Use digital strategies to bring more members into our union, increase engagement with our members, as well as identify leaders in our Union community;
- Promote digital campaign methods within the FSU, staying on top of best practice technology, techniques and implement them into campaigns;
- Pursuing the most effective method of communicating and connecting with members across various digital platforms;
- Write communications to members, produce videos and hold member meetings;
- Consider all options and tools available to connect with members when barriers are presented and be innovative in attempting to overcome those barriers;
- Integrate organising culture into every member interaction.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, media, or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field;
- Proficient in social media, activism networks, SMS and email platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in leading social marketing campaigns (community awareness/behaviour) and/or experience with community engagement methodologies;
- Highly developed strategic marketing, communications, and project management skills;
- Proven track record in successful delivery and evaluation of campaigns;
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful organising, campaigning and/or communication strategies;
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and well-developed influencing and negotiating skills;
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities;
- A commitment to social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- Experience working for a trade union or similar not for profit organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of using iMIS, Yabbr, Call Hub, Higher Logic.
Salary is $69,257 with 1 RDO per month, negotiable on skills and experience. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
Mel Brown, Senior Administrator
Closing date: 5:00pm on Friday, 6 November 2020