Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer.
The FSU is a member driven organisation that represents workers in the finance industry. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Our members fight for and deliver improved working conditions in an evolving industry.
Operating nationally, the FSU has established a strong reputation for successfully representing the interests of its members in an environment of constant change. The working environment is engaging with a constant agenda of interesting issues. The Union has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. The Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer role can be based in any of these locations.
Reporting to and working closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer will co-develop and coordinate the FSU’s digital marketing and social media strategies to grow our brand and recruit new members and activists to the FSU.
Working as a member of the Communications Team, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer will be a key player in a fast-paced environment, building marketing and social media campaigns and driving digital conversion to membership across the organisation.
The role has the freedom to be driven by data, to test and trial alternative strategies to improve member acquisition and experience across any and all touchpoints, including email, SMS, in-app messaging, websites, social media and call centre contact.
- Co-develop and coordinate digital marketing strategies and campaigns, including search engine marketing and email marketing automation.
- Coordinate planning and develop content for the FSU’s social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Identify trends and insights across digital channels to implement and optimise organic and paid advertising campaigns.
- Engage with staff across the organisation to identify opportunities and strategies that drive membership growth and engagement across digital channels.
- Undertake other communications tasks including content creation for eDMs and newsletters, updating and maintaining the FSU website, and more.
Essential experience and qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, journalism, media, or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field;
- Ideally you will have 3 years of working experience in digital marketing and social media, with proven results in developing and executing sound digital marketing and social media strategies;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – a proficient communicator with a knack for writing engaging content to suit various digital channels;
- Demonstrated experience in the production and coordination of content for digital and search engine marketing, including display advertising and Google Adwords;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with developing engaging paid and organic content for social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Demonstrated experience using various social media planning, creation and scheduling tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Hootsuite, Canva, Creative Studio and more;
- Understanding of basic content management systems and in developing web content;
- Understanding of digital communications development methodologies and architecture, search engine optimisation, analytical reporting, web environments, usability and accessibility standards;
- Sound understanding of technical aspects of digital marketing, with the ability to advise stakeholders at a technical level;
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities;
- A commitment to social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- Experience working for a trade union or similar not-for-profit organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of using iMIS, Yabbr, Call Hub, Higher Logic;
- Knowledge of and experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
The salary range for this role is between $70,000 to $80,000 with rostered days off. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to email@example.com
For any enquiries or questions about the role, contact FSU Communications and Marketing Manager, Stephanie Lim, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5pm on Thursday, 25 May 2023