We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Officer.
The FSU is a member driven organisation that represents workers in the finance industry. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. Our members fight for and deliver improved working conditions in an evolving industry.
Operating nationally, the FSU has established a strong reputation for successfully representing the interests of its members in an environment of constant change. The working environment is engaging with a constant agenda of interesting issues. The Union has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. The DMO role can be based in any of these locations.
Reporting to the Communications & Marketing Manager, the DMO will support and co-develop digital marketing strategies to recruit new members and activists to the FSU.
Working as a member of the Communications Team, the DMO will be a key player in a fast-paced environment developing email marketing strategies, building campaigns and driving digital conversion to membership across the organisation.
The DMO role has the freedom to be driven by data, to test and trial alternative strategies to improve member acquisition and experience across any and all touchpoints, including email, SMS, in-app messaging, websites, social media and call centre contact.
- Develop and execute end-to-end CRM strategies, including audience segmentation based on behaviours and profiles, to attract and acquire new members;
- Develop eDM & automation processes;
- Digital advertising;
- Production of effective emails, with an understanding of effective components i.e. copy, design, subject lines, pre-headers, CTAs;
- Understanding of email IP reputation and maintenance;
- Develop and implement digital campaigns to build membership;
- Production and delivery of automated email marketing;
- Establish best-practice inbound marketing;
- Utilise data to analyse campaign performance, establishing KPIs and reporting dashboards;
- In conjunction with Communications & Marketing Manager, update and maintain the FSU Website;
- Provide product requirements and other material as needed to support the growth of the FSU, the engagement of members’ and to achieve objectives in the interests of our members.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- A tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, media, or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field;
- Ideally you will have 3 years of working experience in marketing with proven results of developing and executing sound marketing strategies;
- Proficient in social media, SMS and email platforms, SearchAds, YouTube;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills in developing web content and databases;
- Demonstrated awareness of developments in online technology and online service delivery including the storage and dissemination of information and content management systems;
- Understanding of digital communications development methodologies and architecture, search engine optimisation, analytical reporting, web environments, usability and accessibility standards;
- Sound understanding of technical aspects of digital communication, with the ability to advise stakeholders at a technical level;
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and well-developed influencing skills;
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities;
- A commitment to social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- Experience working for a trade union or similar not for profit organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of using iMIS, Yabbr, Call Hub, Higher Logic.
Salary is $69,257 with 1 RDO per month, negotiable on skills and experience. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer.
Mel Brown, Senior Administrator
Closing date: 5:00pm on Friday, 6 November 2020