You don’t need me to tell you what a year 2020 was, we all know. It has been, at best, a tough year for everyone and, at worst, a devastating one. Through it all, the bushfires, the pandemic, and the closures, workers in the banking, insurance, and super industries have been incredible.
I am proud of the work that you all have done, and I am proud that we’ve all stuck together to fight for what was right in a year when all the boundaries changed.
In 2020 you helped:
- Secure a framework for the way the sector responded to COVID-19 ensuring you had access to PPE, could work from home safely and had Perspex screens installed
- Pursue Paid Pandemic Leave across the sector that saw thousands of workers covered if they needed to get tested or self-isolate
- Suspend Performance objectives at Westpac and ANZ during lockdown periods
- Convince Westpac to bring 1000 previously offshored jobs back onshore
- Achieve $10,000 salary adjustment for CBA staff seconded to Financial Hardship roles
- Win new guaranteed remuneration framework across IAG, Bupa and Allianz which saw pay delinked from performance
- Secure salary increases across banking and superannuation funds that go beyond CPI with industry benchmarking between 3.5% – 3%
- Win up to 20 days paid domestic and Family Leave secured in all new agreements
Every member of the FSU has made these wins possible. They happened because of every conversation you had with your work colleagues, every time you spoke up, every vote for industrial action, every workplace leader who worked so hard in 2020, and every new person who joined. There is no union without every single one of you, thank you.
For those of you taking a break, enjoy! You’ve earned it. The FSU Offices will be closed from 24 December to 4 January, if you have any concerns at work during that time please contact the Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a safe and enjoyable festive season.
Bring on 2021!
FSU National Secretary