The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the largest and fastest growing industries in Australia. The FSU has played a key role in instigating industry change and real improvements for finance workers as well as the broader community.
Are you up for a challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity in our Queensland branch, based in Brisbane for an experienced full-time campaign and growth organiser to join our highly motivated team.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary, this position offers the successful applicant an opportunity to adapt their skills to unique organising challenges while working to innovative campaign plans connected to relevant enterprises, local workplaces and the broader industry.
The FSU has a vibrant culture, providing staff with a challenging work environment whilst still allowing for a work/life balance.
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- Experience working or organising in progressive organisations or social justice causes
- Ability to inspire people to take action through conversations
- Ability to identify and develop leaders
- Strong planning, time-management and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to fight and win
- Capacity to occasionally work outside of business hours and travel in regional Queensland (some long hours, evening work and weekend work may be required)
- Driver’s licence essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing ongoing support and development to the successful applicant.
A salary shall be set at tier 1 of the FSU Organiser pay scale, currently $67,900 per annum with 1 RDO per month. FSU offers excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Melissa Brown on (07) 3845 6904 or email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
PO Box 3054,
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Closing date: 5.00pm, 17 January 2020