The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the largest and fastest growing industries in Australia. The FSU has played a key role in instigating industry change and real improvements for finance workers as well as the broader community.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity in our Victoria/Tasmania Branch, based in Melbourne, for an experienced full-time campaign and growth organiser to join our highly motivated team.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary, this position offers the successful applicant an opportunity to adapt their skills to unique organising challenges while working to innovative campaign plans connected to relevant enterprises, local workplaces and the broader industry.
The FSU has a vibrant culture, providing staff with a challenging work environment whilst still allowing for a work/life balance.
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
- Experience working or organising in progressive organisations or social justice causes
- Ability to inspire people to take action through conversations
- Ability to identify and develop leaders
- Strong planning, time-management and strategic-thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to do whatever it takes to fight and win
- Capacity to occasionally work outside business hours and travel in regional areas
- Driver’s licence essential
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing ongoing support and development to the successful applicant.
Salary range for the Organiser position can be provided on request. FSU offers excellent working conditions including scheduled RDOs and employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact David Scanlon on (03) 9261 5346 or email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
GPO Box 9893,
Melbourne VIC 3000
Closing date: COB Tuesday 4 February 2020