Westpac has recently announced another 82 job cuts. This latest round of cuts brings the total number of jobs slashed to well over 1,000.
These cuts have had a devastating impact not only on staff who have lost their jobs, but also on those who remain and are now grappling with increased work pressures.
The departments that have been impacted by this round of cuts include:
- Tax and Account Services in Barangaroo, NSW
- Platform Service and Operations in both Barangaroo, NSW and Bedford Park, SA
- Platform Technology in Barangaroo, NSW
- Technology Infrastructure in Kent St, NSW
- Chief Transformation Office in Barangaroo, NSW.
Clearly, Westpac’s vicious cost cutting at the expense of staff continues.
If these changes have impacted you, either directly or due to increased work pressures, we’re here to support you.
Join our meeting on Tuesday 3 October at 6.30pm AEST. Please register below to join the conversation.
Please continue to tell us how these job cuts have impacted you and if you have been left to pick up the pieces on our campaign page here – we’ll make sure your feedback is delivered to Westpac loud and clear.