The future of work is changing and finance workers know that better than anyone. FSU members at Westpac Group have led the way in preparing for these changes, developing solutions on the issues most important to workers.
To continue to lead the way, FSU and Westpac are participating in a Future of Work Forum, where we will progress discussion on these issues and identify ways to make them a reality for Westpac workers.
FSU Delegates Identify Direction for the Future
At the FSU Westpac Group Workplace Leaders Conference, delegates identified that as changes occurred it was vital that workers:
- are treated fairly,
- can secure meaningful jobs with transferable skills, and
- have the opportunity to attain professional qualifications.
These themes carried over to the FSU’s Blueprint for the Future. Our Blueprint identifies that we need an Industry Plan:
- that provides a Fair Transition for finance workers into the new economy,
- where finance workers are recognised as a professional and skilled workforce, and
- that recognises financial services are essential and must be carried out in an ethical manner.
FSU Delegation Is Your Voice At the Forum
The FSU delegation attending the one-day Forum consists of:
- Sacha Hammerlsey (Westpac Lomond CCC);
- Johnna Tran, (BankSA Commercial Banking);
- Andrew Forrest (Group Technology Kogarah);
- Susanne Pearce (St George Baulkham Hills Branch);
- Robin Mayo (Group Technology Kent St);
- Julia Angrisano (FSU National Secretary);
- Nathan Rees (FSU National Assistant Secretary); and
- Rebecca Reilly (NSW Local Executive Secretary).
Send Your Feedback and Stories to Your Delegation
The FSU delegation to this forum is asking for your stories and feedback on these critical issues and for you to nominate what is most important for you and your colleagues as we look to explore and advance on Our Agenda and Blueprint for the future.
Send your feedback and stories to your FSU delegation at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m excited about this Forum where we will develop further solutions for the future of our industry. I look forward to hearing your stories on how we can secure a fair future for finance workers.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378
Authorised By: Julia Angrisano, National Secretary