Last week, 92% of us voted in favour of the new Hostplus Pty Limited Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025.
We won leading pay and conditions in this new Agreement because we stood together – we came to bargaining with a positive agenda to make Hostplus a better place for us all to work, and we won.
We won back pay to 1 July 2022 and we pushed to get it paid to us this week – and succeeded. The new Hostplus Enterprise Agreement will now be lodged with the Fair Work Commission for approval.
Together we won:
- Pay increases of 5% in 2022, 4% in 2023, 3.5% in 2024, 3.5% in 2025;
- The 2022 pay increase of 5% backdated to 1 July 2022;
- A new staff consultative committee to review the operation of the Hostplus Flexible Work Policy;
- An end to pay secrecy, providing the right to be able to talk about our pay with our colleagues if we choose to do so;
- Paid parental/adoption leave increases from 14 to 18 weeks;
- Paid domestic violence leave increasing from 5 to 20 days per calendar year;
- Introduction of 4 weeks gender affirmation leave;
- 5 days per annum non-cumulative leave that Hostplus is calling ‘flex leave’ which you can take for any purpose with no requirement for a certificate or other proof to be able to access this leave; and
- In the event of a transmission of business (like if there is a merger), the option to be retrenched with severance rather than be transferred to a new employer.
We are proud of our achievements and of every FSU member that stood up to demand better pay and conditions.
In the new year we will form our new committee to keep pushing for more flexible work, including better access to work from home.
If you haven’t joined the FSU already, now is a great time to JOIN.