Bankwest has advised the Union of their plan to implement a new Test & Learn process in selected WA regional locations.
The reason provided for this is that the current increase in housing loan applications has generated a need to provide additional support to the Validations team. Given that – according to the bank – there is additional time available in regional workplaces due to a drop in over the counter transactions, colleagues from this areas will be asked to upskill so that they are able to complete the tasks identified as entry level Validation work.
Below is a list of branches Bankwest has advised will be part of this process. Training and support will be provided to ensure those affected are properly equipped for this work.
What you should know if your branch is affected:
- Find out your current job grade (ie Level 1.2 or Level 1.3)
- The Validation work corresponds to Level 1.3, which the bank advised should match your job grade. Therefore, your pay and conditions should remain unchanged unless you progress to a higher level
What Bankwest needs to clarify:
- How long the test and learn will run and what happens afterwards?
- How will your KPIs be changed to acknowledge the new additional work?
- Can you withdraw from Validation work?
The union is here to assist you during this time, and we believe consultation is essential in order to determine our next steps. For these reasons, we would like to attend our Zoom meeting on Tuesday 27 April at 5pm, WA time. Registration is essential and can be done at this link.
If you have questions or need union assistance, you can contact your local representative, or call the Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378, from Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm EST.
Join your Union Community at ANZ!
If you are not yet a member, join today! Joining our union means we can all work together to ensure we have a voice and get treated fairly at work.