The final negotiation meeting for a new BOQ Enterprise Agreement was held on Thursday 18 October where all outstanding matters were discussed. Your FSU negotiators are pleased to report that all outstanding matters have been agreed to and BOQ is in the process of preparing a draft document for ballot.
Outcomes of the negotiation include:
- Fixed pay increases de-linked from performance replacing the variable pay structure of the current agreement;
- A guaranteed increase of 3% per annum for each of the three years of the agreement;
The reduction to 3% of the employee contribution to attract an additional 1.5% employer superannuation contribution;
- Increased Domestic Violence Leave for those experiencing domestic violence and those supporting a family member experiencing domestic violence;
- The payment of superannuation on unpaid parental leave;
- Relaxing some of the rules around the access to Long Service Leave;
- Clearer overtime provisions, including a clear statement that you are to be paid for overtime or not work it; and
- Performance objectives to be achievable within normal working hours and a better process for employees to raise concerns throughout the performance year.
Members are congratulated on the support they provided to their FSU negotiators. Your involvement was key to achieving these outcomes.
The next steps?
Once the document is ready for distribution, BOQ will set a timeline for the ballot to take place. FSU negotiators agreed to the opening of the ballot on or shortly after 19 November. Prior to this FSU will be providing members with a more detailed explanation of what’s new in the agreement and how it will operate.
Until then, share with your colleagues the outcomes achieved and ask them to become a part of the FSU. The more members we have, the stronger our voice. Join today using the green “Join FSU” button at the top right of this page.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378