The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. As the voice for workers in a profit driven industry the FSU has played a key role in bringing about real change and improvements for employees as well as the broader community.
This year the FSU will be running critical campaigns within the finance industry and are seeking a Lead Organiser to play a key role.
Reporting to the Local Executive Secretary, the Lead Organiser will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching a team of organisers. The successful applicant will be required to lead and co-ordinate their team to effectively organise specific workplaces, determining industrial priorities and implement the union’s enterprise bargaining and industry campaigns.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working for or being actively involved in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
- Experience leading a team in the application of the principles and techniques of organising or building power with a volunteer network.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor and develop others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to implement organising plans and the ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to and enthusiasm for trade unionism and/or social justice.
- A drivers licence.
- Knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and practices.
- Ability to develop communications/messages to a wide audience.
- An understanding of power relationships and techniques to build power working with volunteers.
- Capacity to occasionally work outside of business hours.
Applications must address all the above selection criteria.
Salary range for the Lead Organiser position can be provided on request.FSU also offers excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Marcia Byrnes (02) 9320 0052 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range for the Organiser position can be provided on request. FSU offers excellent working conditions including scheduled RDOs and employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
For further information, contact Marcia Byrnes on (02) 9320 0052 or email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
PO Box A2442,
Sydney South NSW 1235
Closing date: COB Friday 31 January 2020