Today at our bargaining meeting with Hostplus management we reiterated (again) that we are calling for a fair pay rise – one that keeps up with the soaring cost of living.
- The price of fruit and vegetables has risen by 18.6%
- Automotive fuel is up 15%
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages up 9.3%
As well as:
- Significant interest rate rises
- Average rental increases of 13.8%
We are not accepting less than fair. We are calling for:
- 7% in the first year (backdated to 1 July 2022). The RBA is now predicting inflation will hit 7.75% by December.
- 5% or CPI (whichever is higher) for 2023, 2024
Hostplus management said today they will consider our claims again. We are keen to get these negotiations concluded as soon as possible – we are ready for a fair offer from Hostplus so we can get this done.
We are waiting now for management to get back to us on our claims including, pay, flexible work, better superannuation and leave entitlements.
We will win a great outcome standing together.
If you haven’t already joined – join your union – join the FSU today.
Your FSU Hostplus reps