We’ve now met three times with MLCL representatives, and negotiations for our new Enterprise Agreement are going well. We’re focused on making sure the new EA reflects what you want to see at MLCL into the future.
Some key things we’ve covered so far include:
- Pay increases should be fair and reflect the contribution made by employees;
- The Group Floor Rate is to increase by the same % as the pay increase;
- Removing the overtime cap.
- Ensuring RDOs remain an option to group 1 and 2 employees;
- Formalising ADOs and securing them as an entitlement in the new EA;
- Ensuring Performance objectives are fair, reasonable, and achievable in normal working hours;
- We have also raised your concerns around the additional hours group 3s and above have been required to do;
- Adjusting Lifestyle Leave to up to 8 weeks per year.
- Industry leading redundancy provisions that provide options for redeployment.
Work From Home
- We are still in discussion and will update you soon (watch this space!)
These negotiations are progressing thanks to the involvement of FSU members who shared their thoughts about the improvements we need at MLCL.
Please remember, if you have any questions or feedback, email Louise from the FSU at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact one of us.
MLCL Workers Council