Negotiations for our new NAB Enterprise Agreement (EA) recommence on Monday 5th September.
Join the call for real wage increases and conditions. Click below.
After union members successfully worked together to ensure that all NAB employees in Groups 1–6 will be covered by the negotiations, this next round of bargaining will begin to deal with the significant challenges being faced across the Bank.
Your Union bargaining team and NAB will be tabling our respective claims in full during these discussions, so we expect to learn what other changes NAB wants to pursue through these negotiations.
The Union’s agenda includes dealing with:
Real wage increases
- We are facing a cost of living crisis and our pay system has left thousands of us worse off year on year.
- It is time to start repairing the damage beginning with 6% across-the-board pay increases for all Groups.
Workloads and excessive hours
- Inadequate staffing models and vague contractual terms have meant that we are working 50–60hrs per week in many cases with no recourse or compensation.
- We are calling for clauses that end this exploitation and provide genuine dispute mechanisms to all employees.
Branch closures and retail ratios
- NAB has pursued an aggressive branch closure agenda with no clear transition pathway for impacted employees or communities.
- Relief ratios and genuine consultation on the actual future of the retail network is needed.
See the full claim here.
How to get involved
We have just seen how effective we are when we work together. Everyone has a role to play in ensuring we secure an agreement that delivers real wage increases and conditions for the future.
You can get involved by:
- Joining the union
- If you’re already a member, ask a colleague to join
- Become an EA contact for your team – reply to this email to find out more
Add your voice and share your story with us here.
Keep an eye out for further updates.
Your FSU bargaining team