FSU welcomes NAB’s announcement to keep regional branches open until at least January 2021. FSU members will continue to fight for regional jobs and access to banking services for all communities.
This is a huge win for us as we have fought hard for secure regional jobs and community access to banking services. We will need to keep working together to save jobs and branches across all of our communities.
Yesterday we met with Mike Baird and Krissie Jones from the Retail leadership team to discuss the retail restructure.
NAB have reiterated their commitment that everybody who wants a job in NAB retail will have one. By opting into a relief role, you are also guaranteeing your hours.
Your colleagues, Myrna from NAB Gungahlin and Rosemary from NAB Norwood did a great job presenting the issues that still need to be resolved including:
- Adjustments to Performance Objectives;
- Branch compliance requirements;
- Training for staff that will be undertaking telling functions;
- Underpayments of salary and allowances;
- Health and safety issues including customer aggression, security and psychological injury; and
- The use of technology to genuinely reduce workloads.
Today we wrote to NAB formalising our feedback and asking for a response to the issues we have raised.
We expect to meet again as the proposed structures are announced and we have further clarity on the hours and locations of all relief roles.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with the provision of timely and accurate information or need assistance call the FSU Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378