In this case the underpayments are in relation to pay for shift work or public holidays.
The safety net facilitation clause negotiated by the FSU into the last agreement means that about 730 employees will now receive approximately $850K in backpay on 8 January 2020. The payments will include superannuation and 5.25% interest.
NAB have agreed to address this and any other underpayment issues quickly and to work with the union to ensure that any further issues are addressed.
We’re also currently negotiating a new enterprise agreement with NAB and trying to clarify important things like fair pay for and what reasonable additional hours means. We expect this should help to avoid underpayments issues into the future.
Other Causes of Underpayments
Below are some more examples that should help you to identify if you have been underpaid:
- Not being paid for all the hours your required to work;
- Excessive hours of work that you are not compensated for;
- Acting in a higher role without receiving the required allowance;
- Working through your breaks to meet workloads;
- Not being paid allowances such as car, district or meal
- Not being reimbursed for costs you incur as part of your work
If you believe that you have been affected by this matter (but have not yet received a letter from NAB) or any other underpayment matter email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378.
Joining the FSU now is the most effective way to get real solutions to these type of issues.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378