We have an exciting opportunity in our National Office, based in Melbourne/Sydney for a National Communications Production Officer. Join an activist-driven organisation using your ability to connect with a diverse range of people using effective communication techniques.
Working as part of a small and dynamic team, the National Communications Officer will provide key support for the Union’s internal and external communications strategies by maintaining high standards of creative design and written expression. You will create campaign materials in a variety of print and digital formats. The role brings opportunities to develop innovative organising strategies to reach our audience on social media. You will work closely with FSU Industrial, Campaigning and Organising staff in shaping the messaging of external communications to reflect our goals and values.
You will have experience in print production from booklets to posters, leaflets, handouts and banners. You will have experiencing shaping campaign strategy and will deliver campaign materials through all stages of a campaign, both in print and online platforms.
You will maintain the Union’s website and social media platforms, as well as prepare and share regular reports on the effectiveness of the Union’s communication tools in order to better target the FSU’s communication strategy. The successful applicant will maintain distribution databases and understand segmentation and distribution strategies that will have the biggest impact on our target audience.
To be considered for this role you require:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Graphic Design using Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to use web based email software, CMS and basic html
- Experience using innovative strategies with social media to effectively reach our key audience
- Proven experience producing quality publications such as Annual Reports, e-newsletters, flyers, posters, and leaflets with high standards of typography and page layout
- Proven written ability, proofreading documents for accuracy as well as generating copy to reflect the key messages of the organisation and of particular campaigns
- Well-developed organisational and time-management skills and the capacity to work consistently under pressure as part of a close team and independently to meet deadlines
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for trade unionism and/or social justice
- Experience working with a member based organisation or NGO
- An understanding of a union’s distribution processes
- Website design, maintenance and marketing
Applications must address all of the above selection criteria and provide 3 recent examples of your work in your written application.
Full-time salary, commencing from $67,132 depending on experience. The FSU also offers other excellent working conditions, including employer superannuation contributions of 15% and the option of monthly or fortnightly RDOs. The FSU is an equal opportunity employer. The role is a full-time position however we would consider part-time for the right applicant.
For further information, contact Simon Clarke on (03) 9261 5390 or email email@example.com
Finance Sector Union
GPO Box 9893
Melbourne VIC 3001
Closing date: 5.00pm 10 March 2020