What is a National Enterprise Council?
National Enterprise Councils (NECs) are groups of volunteer FSU members elected by the relevant LEC to represent their enterprise in FSU national forums.
NEC members meet regularly by teleconference, and have the following responsibilities, functions, powers and duties:
- to act at all times and conduct its business in a manner consistent with the decisions of the National Conference and the National Executive and shall maintain close liaison with the National Executive;
- to ascertain and identify the concerns, ideas and interests of the members allocated to that NEC (its Union members);
- to actively contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Union’s strategies and plans;
- to ensure that each LEC in the same Section as that NEC is fully informed of the concerns, ideas and interests of its Union members;
- to be committed to and actively support the recruitment and retention of its Union members;
- to actively contribute to the development and implementation of the policies of the Union;
- to co-ordinate the activities of the Local Enterprise Councils in its Section;
- to determine whether or not to consent to the Union entering into industrial agreements as provided in Rule 49 and prior to doing so, take into account any opinions expressed by any LEC in its Section.
National President – Johanna Tran
ANZ – Maurice Farrell
CBA – James Dixon
Generals – Matt Rowe (Unisuper)
Insurance – Dustin Greenfield (IAG)
Midsized Banks – Adam Fay
NAB – Paul Ferrari
RBA – Peter Tancred
St George/BankSA – Vacant
Westpac – Sacha Hammersley
To find out who the other members of your NEC are, or for contact details of the NEC Presidents, please contact the MRC on 1300 366 378.