As outlined in recent updates, we are currently consulting with CBA on their changes to the regional branches operating model.
CBA has an obligation to genuinely consider the feedback they receive during the consultation process. They have responded to the questions and suggestions we put forward. Here the key points in CBA’s response:
- CBA did not properly address the question about pay for Direct Banking roles. They responded with the Grade and minimum rate for the role (which is the same as most of your current roles) rather than the actual pay range they apply to Direct Banking Customer Service Representatives.
- On the question of whether you’d ever be expected to work alone in the back of a branch, CBA has said it would be the exception but that there would be a mandatory check in procedure.
- CBA has confirmed that you will be able to have your Direct Banking time adjusted in order to accommodate any ATM issues that arise during that time.
- CBA did not accept the suggestion that branches remain open later one day a week.
- CBA has accepted that there will be times when the 45 mins is not enough to ensure that all customers are dealt with without eating into your breaks. We will push for a paid buffer to ensure that all branch operational tasks can be completed in paid time. If a part timer wishes to attend training on a full time basis rather than move their part time hours, that will be accommodated and paid.
- The same consideration was not confirmed on an ongoing basis for those who would like full time hours permanently. If there are so many calls that need answering, this should be an easy commitment for CBA to make to those who want it.
Staff members who would rather reduce their hours to just work just mornings may be able to adjust their hours where possible through discussion with their manager. We think this should be an absolute commitment, but if this is you, contact us for individual support.
We will continue to push CBA towards a fairer outcome on all of the matters we’ve raised so far. Especially that those who want to be offered a voluntary redundancy should be offered one, and those who want more hours going forward should be given that opportunity through this change.
We will conduct our own enquiries regarded pay rates for Direct Banking roles for staff and managers and will let you know what we learn so that we can determine whether we think a pay increase is warranted.
If you have any further feedback, please get in touch!
Contact the FSU Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 from Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm AEST.
Please share this information with your colleagues and urge them to add their voice online here.