The Finance Sector Union is people across the finance sector coming together to improve our lives. From bank tellers, to technology professionals in superannuation funds, we are a diverse union fighting to make a better finance sector, and a better society.
Organising is at the core of everything we do. The finance sector is evolving and our organising needs to keep ahead of how our members and potential members want to engage in their Union.
In this role, you will be the subject matter expert on digital campaigning across the FSU. You will be the go-to person for our team of Digital Campaigners, leading them in digital organising best practice.
You will work across our Union to develop and execute cutting edge organising methods to build worker power within the finance sector.
Who You Are
- Someone who is an organiser in their soul, someone who knows what it means to work with members to build power.
- A digital leader – you are at the cutting edge of digital organising and have the ability to communicate and execute digital strategies across our Union.
- You are passionate about social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- In this role, you will be the go-to person for digital organising and campaigning. You will work as a consultant with our Union’s leaders to embed digital campaigning in all of our work, proactively offering best practice strategies to build member power.
- You will be the technical lead for our team of Digital Campaigners, assisting them with digital strategy and tactics.
- You will work closely with our Communications and Marketing team to ensure that our digital campaigning is aligned with our communications and marketing strategy.
- You will work alongside a campaign team where you will be responsible for developing and delivering best practice digital organising strategies to build member power;
- You will have an integral role in using digital strategies to bring more members into our Union, increase the engagement of our members, identify and develop leaders within our Union community;
- You need to be a great communicator who challenges themselves to find the most effective ways to communicate with members – you’ll be able to write communications, produce videos, hold member meetings;
- You’ll be a resilient problem solver – our work is unpredictable, there can be big barriers, but you will need to use all of our available tools to work for great outcomes for members and never give up.
The salary for this role will depend on experience. We would encourage people with salary expectations around $85,000 to apply.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We welcome applications from people in any location (even outside these cities).
The FSU is also open to flexible working arrangements, full-time, part-time, outside of normal business hours as well as capacity to work from home.
If you’re interested in this role, please feel free to reach out for a discussion. Send an email to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
If you’re ready to submit your application now, please send through:
- A copy of your resume; and
- A statement of no more than 400 words covering:
- Why you’re interested in this role;
- What makes you the best candidate; and
- The role digital campaigning plays in building power for finance workers.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5.00pm 1 April 2022