Many of us are feeling the brunt of the rising cost-of-living and have been for some time now. So how do we win better wages and begin to tackle this crisis?
We invite you to a special FSU event where you will find out what is influencing the current economic situation and how we are advocating for better wages and workplace conditions through enterprise bargaining.
We aim to empower and support you in finding your voice during enterprise bargaining.
Date: Friday 5 May 2023
Time: 1 – 2pm
The event will feature insights from esteemed speakers:
• Michele O’Neil, President of the Australian Council of Trade Unions
• Dr. Jim Stanford, Economist and Director of the Centre for Future Work
• Julia Angrisano, National Secretary, Finance Sector Union of Australia
During this event, you will:
- Learn about successful wage negotiations and achievements in other organisations in our sector.
- Gain insights on the current economic outlook, the factors affecting wages, and the importance of union members in driving wage growth from Dr. Jim Stanford.
- Hear from Michele O’Neil on the union movement’s experiences with the cost-of-living crisis and strategies to fight for higher wages and pay transparency.
- Have an opportunity to ask our speakers questions
We look forward to your participation and collaboration in advocating for wages that keep up with the cost of living and inflation. See you there!