Over the last two weeks, more than 200 union members and staff campaigned to improve Westpac’s offer as part of the bank’s Wealth Harmonisation.
We heard multiple reports of concerns around:
- SA Long Service Leave,
- Packaging arrangements, and
- Increases in hours from 36.5 or 37.5 to 38 hours.
Members achieve real improvements
Yesterday we heard from Westpac of significant concessions and improvements to the bank’s offer.
These improvements include:
- An extra week of Long Service Leave for employees in SA with more than 10 years of service.
- Local overtime arrangements will continue to be honoured for packaged staff who currently receive overtime but will be calculated under Section 2 of the enterprise agreement.
- Approximately 40 roles remapped to an unpackaged role, meaning these staff will be able to receive overtime, allowances and other entitlements under the enterprise agreement.
- Unpackaged employees who move to a 38 hour week divisor (from 36.5 or 37.5) will be compensated for the uplift in rostered hours.
These are the kinds of improvements we achieve when we work together. Congratulations to all the members who got this result!
Not an FSU member? Join today.