The Finance Sector Union is the union of one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation sectors.
Our members fight for a fair finance industry that serves our community, recognises the vital contribution of finance workers, and builds the Australian economy.
We have a supportive team culture of innovation, and transformation to achieve the best outcomes for our members.
As a Campaign Manager, you will develop organising and campaign strategies across the finance sector. You will lead a team to implement your strategy to build power with our members.
This is a leadership role in our Union – if you’re looking for autonomy, freedom and flexibility, read on!
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
1. DEVELOP AND EXECUTE CAMPAIGN STRATEGIES AND PLANS
- Develop, plan and execute national campaigns to build power with our members through Union growth, member engagement and activism. Our campaign work ranges from sector-wide (like our fight to win paid vaccination leave for 220,000 finance workers), to campaigns on issues like enterprise bargaining and wage theft.
- Build strong relationships with our members and leaders across the finance sector. We are a member-led Union and our members are engaged in and lead all of our Union’s work.
2. LEAD A HIGH PERFORMING TEAM
- Lead a national campaign team with a campaign coordinator, organisers, and digital campaigners to build power as part of our campaigns. You will also have access to industrial, communications, admin people as needed to execute your strategies.
- Build a supportive and collaborative team culture where sharing best practice is encouraged, and embed a culture of continuous learning. You will need to be curious, and passionate about pursuing excellence.
- Experience working for or being actively involved in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategies to build worker power – both long term organisational strategies and shorter term issues-based campaign strategies.
- Extensive experience in the fundamentals of organising – growing members numbers, increasing member engagement, and identifying and developing workplace leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience including working with team members to achieve their goals.
- Demonstrated critical, innovative, and strategic thinking skills.
- High level stakeholder engagement skills, including building and fostering relationships that will build power for our members, particularly with our union members.
- Extensive experience in industrial relations including experience with state and federal industrial relations legislation, and/or tertiary qualifications in law or another relevant discipline.
SALARY RANGE AND LOCATION
We encourage people with salary expectation around $131,702 to apply.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We welcome applications from people in any location (even outside these cities).
The FSU is open to all flexible working arrangements including full-time, part-time and outside of normal business hours. All FSU staff have a flexible work location and can work from home.
We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this role – we provide a diverse and safe workplace environment and would love you to join our team.
If you’re interested in this role, we encourage you to reach out for a discussion. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Campaign Manager – Flexible Location.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday, 14 July 2023