Organising is at the core of everything we do. The finance sector is evolving and growing fast – our Union is innovative and we campaign to win. We are member-led and take on some of the most profitable companies in Australia. If you love a challenge, let’s talk!
As an Organiser, you will:
- Work with our members and workplace leaders to build strong, sustainable Union communities;
- Grow our Union community through cutting edge organising and campaigning;
- Find industrial and organising opportunities, and work with our members to win;
- Be passionate about social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- A passion for worker’s rights and commitment to trade unionism and social justice;
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills – organising is a role that is perfect if you’re a people person!;
- Ability to motivate and develop members and leaders, including identifying education opportunities and delivering informal training;
- Ability to make assessments, then develop and execute a plan to achieve outcomes;
- Experience in trade union or other social justice organising.
Salary Range and Location
The salary for this role will depend on experience. We would encourage people with salary expectation around $72,000 to apply.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We welcome applications from people in any location (even outside these cities).
The FSU is open to flexible working arrangements, full-time, part-time and outside of normal business hours where requested. We are also open to work from home options.
If you’re interested in this role, please feel free to reach out for a discussion. Send an email to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
If you’re ready to submit your application now, please send through:
- A copy of your resume; and
- A statement of no more than 300 words covering:
- Why you’re interested in this role;
- What makes you the best candidate;
- The role an organiser plays in building power for finance workers
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5.00pm Tuesday, 2 May 2023