Last week the bank commenced the consultation process with staff outlining the proposed FY18 performance objectives and scorecards. This process includes gathering and considering your feedback on the proposed performance objectives for FY18.
Monday, 11 September 2017
The Westpac Group 2016 Enterprise Agreement outlines that the performance setting process should be fair and transparent. At the beginning of the performance period the bank will let you know your performance objectives, (including targets) and values based behavioural expectations.
The Agreement also outlines a number of factors Westpac will take into account when setting and determining if performance objectives have been met. These factors include but are not limited to:
- market factors;
- your experience;
- staffing levels at your location;
- your anticipated absence from normal duties;
- provision of training required to perform your role; and
- the needs of the business and Westpac Group customers
Have Your Say Now
If you have any feedback about the proposed FY18 performance objectives, now is the time to speak up. All feedback you provide to your manager must be considered.
If you have concerns about the performance objectives and behavioural expectations that you are expected to achieve, you should:
- Talk to your colleagues to see if they have similar concerns, experience shows that staff working together have much more success in changing unfair targets and scorecards.
- Raise your feedback and concerns early in writing to you manager. Don’t forget to propose solutions and ask for a written response to your feedback.
Remember don’t agree to vague or unrealistic performance objectives.
We also want to hear your thoughts on FY18 performance objectives, email us at email@example.com
If you need advice about putting your concerns in writing contact our Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378.
Authorised By: Julia Angrisano, National Secretary