Westpac has announced plans to cut 23 jobs from across their business.
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
The latest round of announcements includes proposals to cut 11 jobs from Group Technology- Infrastructure and Operations, and 12 jobs from Westpac Commercial Banking. The planned job cuts are to come from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
Are you impacted?
The Westpac Group Enterprise agreement 2016 sets out your rights including the process Westpac must follow to consult with you regarding major workplace changes. The agreement provisions include:
- Genuine consultation periods to consider members feedback about proposed changes;
- Fairer redeployment process that incudes access to case managers and consideration of employee preferences.
Will you be asked to do more with less staff – What you can do
During the consultation period make sure you speak up about any concerns you and your colleagues may have– Westpac is obliged to consider your ideas and provide responses before a final decision is made.
When providing your feedback on the proposed change, some things you should consider is how the proposed change will impact work flow, quality of service provided, and workloads.
Make sure you speak up about any concerns – Westpac is obliged to consider your ideas and provide responses before a final decision is made.
If you are impacted make sure you get all the facts. You can:
- Speak to your FSU Workplace Rep or Organiser
- Join the FSU online today at www.fsunion.org.au
- Arrange to hold a workplace meeting to discuss the impact on you and your colleagues
- Contact our Member Rights Centre on 1300 366 378 to get further information and advice.
Finance Sector Union
Ph: 1300 366 378
Authorised By: Julia Angrisano, National Secretary