Unfortunately, last week we saw yet another announcement from CBA that they are cutting more jobs. CBA continue to make billions in profits off the back of your hard work – its employees. In return, and in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, they have decided to cut a total of 224 jobs across the following areas:
- 3 cuts in Global Markets business – offshore banking unit (NSW)
- 25 cuts in Financial Services and Risk Management (NSW x 19, Vic x 2, WA x 4)
- 38 cuts in the x15 venture (Cheddar online app) (NSW x 34, Vic x 2, QLD x 2)
- 158 cuts in Chief Operations Office and Technology including 18 jobs being outsourced (NSW x 141, Vic x 5, QLD x 3, WA x 12, SA x 1).
Have you been impacted by the latest round of redundancies at CBA
We will be holding information sessions for all members either directly impacted or concerned by these cuts. If you or someone in your team is being made redundant, your reporting line is changing, or you are simply concerned about your role, then we encourage you to register to attend one of the information sessions below.
- Wednesday 10 May, 12pm AEST
- Thursday 11 May, 12pm AEST
- Thursday 11 May, 7pm AEST
You may have recently seen some media about these job cuts:
- Sydney Morning Herald: Commonwealth Bank cuts 224 jobs, union says
- News.com.au: Finance Sector Union calls for job guarantees for CBA staff after job cuts
- Canberra Times: CBA cuts jobs despite record profits
- Yahoo Finance: CBA slammed for axing 224 jobs: ‘Obscene’
Join us at one of our information sessions to have your questions answered and discuss our next steps.
Know someone who is affected? Let them know!. If they are not a member – they can join here
Your FSU Team